| This after picture is from a 2010 Computer Room Clean Out. I got rid of major piles and was quite pleased with myself. |
| Here is a wider angle of the whole room. After picture from 2010 also. |
I did another clean out the day before New Year's Eve 2016.
I did not think to take a before picture. But it was stacked. All kinds of odds and ends.
These first two pictures (below) are my GO piles. The first one is a box full of dictionaries. And yes there is a religious book on top. Youngest has to go thru this box before it GOES. There is a tutoring center in town for English as a second language and I am going to see if they want the dictionaries. I kept one in case we have a no internet life again. I also kept the grammar type books. I have some very good children's ones. They were moved to the living room book shelves.
This is a GO basket that both girls have to check in case I got rid of something vital without knowing it. It is a very small basket, not a laundry basket. The main thing in this basket is weird mechanical pencils and odd pens. The kleenex box is full of them. There is a gallon size zip lock bag full too. So many.
This Chair is in the GO pile. It is cheap. It rolls too easily. The fabric is covered with a very slippery plastic and I have nearly slid out while I was also falling out, several times. It is a broken tail bone waiting to happen and it is going to goodwill.
I did a rethink on the counters as I cleaned this time.
I got rid of the file sorter and the bookshelf that were on the counter. This might seem obvious, but because they had always been there, and were needed originally, I had not considered eliminating them.
Originally I had a file for every kid and one for myself and one for parking lot and one for receipts and one for checkbook in that file holder. For many years those files reduced clutter and kept things organized. But all those times are now gone. I went through those files and cleaned out a lot. Checkbook went in a cubby. My file went in a file drawer.
A lot of maps went in paper recycling.
AFTERS 2016
The off white chair was originally my husband's father's. This is one of the things that came home in the truck after my husband's mother died in 2010. It is old. But sort of beloved. Yes, an odd shape for a counter, but it got it out of my husband's upstairs office. There are 4-6 chairs currently in that office. (I have a bulls-eye on that office. I am chipping away at it, bit by bit.)
I cleaned the cupboards in the computer room a year or so ago.
A month or two ago, I put all the computer games in a box and put them in the top shelf of the cupboard after realizing all three kids (especially youngest) thought I should hang on to them. So the gecko on the wall is now empty, but I am leaving him there.
Middle and I cleaned all the cubbies (above the checkered bulletin board) on New Year's Eve Day 2016. Every single thing came out and was reorganized. I purged a lot. Post it notes that no longer stick went in the paper recycling bin. A box of things went to my mom's. Things went in the Goodwill box. Etc.




