Saturday, November 02, 2019

Creative reuse

I have had two special pieces of wood for several years.

The boards were part of the gym floor from the kids’ high school. I was able to get them when the gym was gutted and redone.

At one point I regretted having got them, just was not sure what I would (ever) do with them.



I have been aggressively re-evaluating many things in the garage this fall.

My goal is to have the double bay side of the garage FLOOR as empty as possible.

This is for several reasons -
Decluttering/reducing
Slush/ice/water coming off cars
Clean looking

So in keeping with my “use it or lose it” philosophy, I thought of something beneficial to do with the larger (7’ x 16”) of the two boards.

It is now the top of shoe cubbies.



I used three quarts of brown paint(s). They were nearly full, left from other projects. That was extremely pleasing. My paint cupboard was over flowing.

I used the two darker colors as the base coat. I am in the process of painting the final coat (in the lightest brown). I will have used every drop of all three quarts by the time I am finished.

I buy my lumber at Lowe’s. They cut all my boards for me. I bought the wooden feet and the hardware at Lowe’s also. I have used these before, they carry several kinds, super easy to install.