Monday, November 11, 2019

I have been cleaning out craft and art supplies

Everything that is an office supply (tape, paint, markers, crayons, scissors, etc.) is now in the drawers in the post office boxes in the computer room. This is very inviting, there are 46 small drawers of treasures.







As I have cleaned and sorted, the craft/art stuff, I have given things to neighbor children, donated to an autism clinic, and posted things on Facebook Marketplace. So I have reduced the volume, quite a bit.

Out of the keepers, I have built two children’s craft treasure boxes.




The two boxes are 24” long x 17” wide x 6” high (each). And that seems to be a perfect size for holding a lot without getting too heavy.  As you can see from the picture (above), they are super inviting.

I have been taking things out of *bins, and putting them in zip lock bags for visibility and ease of packing. So everything sock puppet related, is now in one bag, for example.

*I had everything sorted (in the past) by type. So I had lots and lots of little shoe box size clear bins full of art and craft supplies.

These two treasure craft boxes will fit on one shelf.

And between these boxes and rehoming/donating, I will have cleared at least four shelves.

And probably no one, in the family, will have to buy a clear shoe box bin again.