When we got the tool cabinet for the garage, I moved every tool into it. That cleaned out a drawer in the kitchen.
It does not bother me one bit to go out to the garage for supplies. Since everything is organized and easily found, that cabinet is a pleasure.
I knew a good use would turn up for the empty kitchen drawer.
I have had other empty drawers and cupboards. Some are empty for a long time, others a shorter time, but so far a wonderful alternative has turned up for each.
This time boxes of decaf tea presented themselves as needing a home. They were a jumble in the pantry. I had tried shelves and then a crock and then shelves again and still they were not easily identified.
In the drawer, they are easily found and used. They fit perfectly.
My youngest and my niece were here most of last week and sort of marveled at the drawer.
It is very inviting.
Last year I collected small white tea pots. I have four. And when everyone is here, they are all put to use.
I have an electric water kettle, think England, which is used every day and well worth it. When the tea drinkers are here, it is handy for speed and volume. But I use it every day to fill my thermos. I drink hot water, year round.
