Saturday, October 12, 2024

The Wide Circumference of Love by Marita Golden

Note - The difference between this book and Viola Davis’ book from yesterday’s post were pronounced. These were two separate/unique books.  The educational level of the two families and financial circumstances of the two families were different between Davis’ real life family and Golden’s fictional family in these two stories of black families in America.


The Wide Circumference of Love by Marita Golden was a book club assignment. It was a new to me book group at a branch of our county library system in a town near me. 

I like to start a fresh book each Monday. I like to go to at least one book discussion group each week. There are lots of book groups thru my library. I look at the calendar, I look at the groups, I look at the books assigned. I pick a group each week.


This was an excellent novel. Really well written. Tough topic - Alzheimer’s. 

The fact that this novel was centered on a black family actually had little impact on the book. This universal society/family topic was covered in such a way that it could have been many families.

This was my first book by Marita Golden. Yes, I would read more of her books. 












Non Fiction -