Wednesday, June 25, 2025

Christmas quilts

These Christmas panels are really lovely. 

Originally I had five.  I think these were purchased over 22 years ago, at the old house. 

At that time, I sewed borders on all five of them to make wall hanging size quilts.  

Two were quilted and finished as wall hangings.  

Three were left unfinished.  





I committed myself, a couple years ago (maybe 2023), by buying fabric (below) to turn the three unfinished tops into full size quilts.




June 2025, I asked my three kids if they wanted Christmas large/lap size quilts. 

At that time, neither of the girls did. But oldest wanted one, probably with granddaughter in mind.  That solved one. 

I planned to send the other two to my niece and nephew, as surprises.

Originally I planned to do something fancy, liked pieced blocks, to finish these. Nothing came to mind. 

Utilizing the fabric I bought in approximately 2023, I added three borders to the outside of two of the quilts. I cut very carefully. These two tops are identical. They measure 63” x 79” each.

I bought green fabric for the outside border of the third quilt top.








Then a funny thing happened, both girls decided they wanted a Christmas quilt. Middle wanted the green border. Youngest wanted a buffalo check. Oldest/DIL/granddaughter are getting a buffalo check too. 

All three tops are done and in my long arm quilter pile.