The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah is a book group assignment. It is historical fiction set during WWII.
I found the writing to be just a little immature in the beginning. But it grew on me. By the end, I was very attached to the characters and stories.
Parts are a very tough read, WWII France was not a good place to be.
There were long waits on Libby, I purchased this audio book from Audible.
I was able to increase the speed to 1.25 easily. The regular speed was so slow it was painful. 1.25 sounded like normal. That decreased the length of the book from just over 17 hours to under 14 hours, a nice length.
Side note - There is a historical fiction book group at the library. I do not attend, historical fiction is definitely not a favorite for me. The members who do attend grumble that there are far too many WWII themed historical fiction books.
I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized.
StoryGraph -
In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/
This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.





