Sunday, February 01, 2026

Pickle dish

I had never made a Pickle Dish nor a Double Wedding Ring quilt years ago when I was prolific.

The last few years, quilting again, I thought my quilting life was better focused on simple quilts. 

I volunteered to help with a paper pieced Pickle Dish Raffle Quilt this past fall. We started sewing in December. 

I felt intimidated. I had not paper pieced in nearly 20 years. My hands are not what they were. 

The other ladies working on the quilt were also a little scared. That helped a lot. I was not the weakest link.

My share was 32 pickle wedges. I paced myself at two a day. It was extremely slow going at first. I watched a couple videos and perfected my technique. I absolutely got better and faster. I got in a groove.



When I finished my assigned wedges, I moved on to making a pickle dish of my own. 

These are my fabric/colors -



Here (below) is an example of the assembled blocks on a Pickle Dish Quilt. Note, my darks and lights are reversed from the illustrations below. I am not yet sure of my corner stone/square fabric.