Saturday, February 28, 2026

Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward

After the never ending Warmth of Other Suns, I chose to skip 

James by Percival Everett

Horse by Geraldine Brooks.

I went to both book discussions, but I did not read either book. 


Next up was Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward which was assigned for one of my groups meeting this past week. 

I read it, all in one go. It was about 8 hours, I was able to crank the speed up to 1.40 with no chipmunks. I zipped thru it.

I enjoyed it. Extremely well written, engaging, and unique. Would recommend for a February book club read. 

But I am quite ready to let Black History month go at this point in time. It has been a rough one. 



    


I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 









In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.