Friday, January 24, 2020

Simplified laundry tub

If I had to do it over, I would probably have put a laundry tub in garage with faucet that could have hose attached to it.

We even went and looked at laundry tubs that are just the tub, with no attached faucet, to set under the spigots in the garage. Two problems: They do not sit close enough to wall. They were too deep. A hose from under the sink to a drain was doable but awkward.

I fill a deep dish pan with water several times a day to wash dog feet. It is heavy. It is awkward. My hands are not good. I tried a hose but that created its own problems.

While we were looking, it occurred to us that a board might work better, than a sink with sides, in lifting the full dishpan.

So that is what we did. We had the plank. We had the can (which has hoses stored it it and is very heavy/secure).

So it was a free and simple solution.