The tree went back to the attic today. So six weeks seems to be about how long I enjoy it.
This is how it looked between Thanksgiving and Christmas, after Christmas it just had the lights and the “skirt”.
Today the window seat got a mini makeover.
If I had taken a picture of the inside of the living room window seat six months ago, it was full of things that did not belong there. Mostly big toys we are saving. Doll beds and cradles, large plastic horses, a doll beauty parlor chair that are now in their proper place in oldest’s closet.
If I had taken a picture of the top of the window seat two months ago it would have been piled very high with pillows, blankets, and three yoga bolsters.
The huge pillows went upstairs to the loft for use there. I also put all the comforters up there for the kids. They are colorful old college ones. Everything is neatly stacked on big ottoman with a dust cover over it.
The extra quilts are now clean and IN the window seat. So are a couple pillows and the three yoga bolsters. They are all plastic bags to keep them clean. (The inside of that window seat is very clean, my husband cleaned it twice, first when we emptied it and then again when he took down the tree).
I could no longer open the lid on this seat (arthritis). It was hard for the girls to open too. My husband made a loop. And now I can open it easily. The loop lays very flat under the cushion. It is now easy to get in the window seat to get something and it looks clean and tidy. That is a 7’ cushion, so when it was full, it looked really messy, and blocked the view.



