Books, gardening, sewing, decluttering, projects, painting, woodworking, dogs, TV/movies, genealogy
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Wild Game
I am looking forward to Gretchen interviewing the author on her Happiness podcast, Gretchen wrote:
“Adrienne Brodeur will join me in the studio in New York City to talk to us about the book, and we'll air that episode on February 5, 2020. So get reading!”
I listened to this book on Audible. The narrator was very good. There is a bonus interview at the end between the author and narrator.
I also listened to
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/otherppl-with-brad-listi/id472152554?i=1000456693820
AFTER I finished the book. I enjoyed that podcast, but it had too much detail/spoilers for a before-read listen, in my opinion.
I did enjoy this book very much. In my opinion the writing was very good. And it was very thoughtful. It was definitely different. Generations of dysfunction.
To be honest, I was not sure until Chapter 18 that I liked it. I was afraid it was a little too ABC network TV for me for a while. The author pulled it off in the end. The last three hours (listening on audible) were excellent. And it did have to have the story to get there. I am sure there are others who might like the story better than the ending.
The author feels like she is the line in the sand (breaking the cycle). I hope so.
FYI - The author and her mother and father have their real names in the book. Everyone else, the names have been changed. The author does not have a wiki page. Her father does, with his literary work, but no family is linked to it.
I very much want (author’s stepmother) Margo’s book list!
