Sunday, February 04, 2024

The spice cabinet

This was a two day project with the majority of the work done on Sunday, January 7th. My husband helped me. 

I did not remember to take a picture as he was clearing the shelves. But I took an empty photo!



I also took a picture of what went in recycling and garbage -



Like a recent refrigerator clean out, many things expired around the first of the year. However, I did find a few very old things (that I never use). 

I pitched/recycled expired items as well as items I absolutely never use. I was pretty ruthless. The cupboard was too full for easy use, I wanted to reduce everything, the entire cupboard’s contents, by 30-40%.

The little black wire baskets work well for me. They each used to hold 9 jars. They now each hold 3. I eliminated 2/3 of my spices. Ruthless.

Of everything I pitched, I only put three replacement things on my grocery list (immediately) - 


I did not order replacements for the rest of the culled/expired items, I am going to see if I need any them before I re-buy them. My guess is, I will only need a couple.


Here is where we were, Monday, January 8, 2024, after the cabinet dried over night and I replaced keeper items.





After my grocery order pick up on 1/11/24, the cabinet was here -