Yellowface by R.F. Kuang was an assigned book. I had never heard of it nor the author, but that is not unusual. Often the assigned books are new to me.
I read it this past week. The group met this past week also.
I try to finish the books just before the meeting so they are fresh in my mind to discuss. I finished this book the day before the meeting.
I have no complaints about the character development or the writing or the pace or the editing. All of that was fine. I loved the cover design and the title. The audio book reader was excellent.
The plot had problems. It needed to build more. More incidents needed to be added, evenly throughout the plot, to support the ending.
But I was able to finish it. And I am glad I read it, it was a unique story. We had great discussion.
The other members of my group liked the book more than I did, but agreed there were plot problems.
Not going on to read any other books by this author unless they are assigned at some point in the future.
I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized.
Here’s what people on StoryGraph had to say -
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/r-f-kuang/
In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/
This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.


