Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Day lilies and irises

In case you are wondering, I am trying to document my yard.

I know almost everything growing in it (except the yellow flowers that are not daisies, in the littler bed down by the street).

I think I missed getting a picture of these day lilies (below) in bloom.

The bed of day lilies is actually a bit bigger than this picture shows.

And this year I added miniature daffodils between the day lilies, so there should be good pictures next spring. Assuming nobody (🐿 🐰) ate them.


But I did get a picture of these irises in bloom. There are clusters of irises many places in various beds.

I am not sure if I ever said - but  irises come/packaged sort of unidentified. And I like “like things together”. It makes weeding much easier. I have large beds and it makes things very pleasing to the eye. I like the style of masses/groupings.

So one fall we planted all the irises. All over the front yard. And then they bloomed the following spring. And we dug and replanted them according to color. I never remember which color is where, but when they bloom, they are all the same in each section.