This is the first mild temperature day we have had in a long time, in the 80’s with 60% humidity.
It is super nice in the shade.
We have had rain steadily this week. So the ground is nicely hydrated.
My neighbor has three groupings of Lysimachia clethroides, gooseneck loosestrife. One grouping has stragglers escaping. She offered them to me earlier in the summer. But it would have been a real struggle for them to survive a transplant in the high, dry heat. I told her I would get them as soon as the weather broke.
And I was pretty worried her husband was going to pull them before I got over to dig.
So late this afternoon, middle helped me dig. My mom helped us plant.
They went in the far corner of our property. You have probably never seen this corner.
They are on the backside of a planting bed (top picture).
In the second picture they are on the right side. On the left side is MINT. Most people do not plant mint. (I also have a milkweed patch.) And like the ivy and the Lilly of the valley in the front, it will be a battle of the invasives.

