Thursday, November 07, 2024

Tell me Everything by Elizabeth Strout

I think of Elizabeth Strout as “one of my authors”. In completing this newly released book, I am current with all of her novels. 

I read the Olive books in 2020 and the Lucy books in 2023. I also read all the stand alone books maybe in 2023.

My opinion - read her titles in order by series, the characters repeat. 


Tell Me Everything was a September 2024 release, evidently I had preordered it because it popped up in my Audible library. 

It was also a book club book for Gretchen Rubin’s podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/happier-with-gretchen-rubin/id969519520?i=100067587426



Tell Me Everything unites Elizabeth Strout’s reoccurring main characters Olive Kitteridge, Lucy Barton and Bob Burgess. 

It is in keeping with Elizabeth Strout’s style, but feels different/new. I really enjoyed it. 

Elizabeth figured out a very clever way to tell multiple side stories in a very smooth way within the current day plot of the book. The construction was great, in my opinion, nice tight editing.

This is an Oprah Book Club listing, but I do not hold that against it. 








There is a detailed biography here - 

https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/elizabeth-strout/