Yes, it is that time again!
My calendar (below) automatically has an entry for Daylight Savings.
Note - if we had no extra clocks, if the only clocks I had were my phone and my car, which both change automatically, I would not notice the daylight savings change at all.
But I am a clock person. We have clocks all over the house. Changing clocks is an event.
For years, most of Indiana did not follow Daylight Savings. We liked that. We liked not changing our clocks.
Indiana has followed Daylight Savings since 2006. Most of the state stays on Eastern, the western corners remain on Central.
Would I like to go back to NO time change in my part of Indiana? Yes. Yes, I would.
The only inconvenience not changing used to have was live network TV (and radio). Since my area did not change, and national TV did, prime time was 7-10pm half the year and 8-11pm the other half.
Now I watch no live network TV. I also do not listen to the radio. So not following Daylight Savings would have no impact on me.
The history of Daylight Savings in Indiana is complex:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana#:~:text=As%20a%20result%20of%20a,%2C%20effective%20April%202%2C%202006.
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2006/01/20/06-563/standard-time-zone-boundary-in-the-state-of-indiana#:~:text=In%201918%2C%20when%20the%20Federal,move%20more%20of%20the%20State.






