Saturday, December 28, 2024

Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman

Thursday Murder Club is the first book in a continuing series. It is a contemporary series. The series is still being written. 

All my socks and most of my underwear is older than this book series. It is also written by a celebrity. I had my doubts.

I read Thursday Murder Club right after I read Demon Copperfield, a long, difficult subjects, intense book. 

It took me a little bit to get into the swing of Thursday Murder Club. If I got distracted, I had to rewind a bit and relisten, because the characters change often. A distraction meant I missed a whole section. 

Once I got into the flow of the book, I could keep track of the characters and the plot easily. 

I started with a short character list. Once I got into the book, I no longer needed the list. 


Joyce Meadowcraft

And her daughter Joanna


Elizabeth Be 

and her husband Stephan


Ron Ritchie

And his son Jason


Ibrahim Arif


Bogdan Janowski


Most live at Coopers Chase.

Willows is the hospital/care unit.

The nearby cemetery is The Eternal Garden of Rest.


Police -

Donna De Freitas


Chris Hudson


If you need a full list, I did not,  there’s one here -

https://www.bookcompanion.com/the_thursday_murder_club_character_list.html


Note, there were long waits for all of these books, in audio format, through my various library connections. I purchased all the books in this series thru Audible. 

There is an interview with the author at the end of the first book on Audible.

I am in the process of listening to the whole series as I sew over the holidays. I am doing the books one right after the other while the characters are all fresh in my mind. 







I think these books will make a good TV series. It is being developed Netflix. I wondered if the whole series was written with TV in mind. My understanding is it is easier to sell a TV series if it is based on a popular book series.






When I saw Osman’s photo, and noted his height of 6’7”,  I knew him from somewhere. 



His bio clarified it immediately, “Would I Lie to You? is a favorite show.