We have a new granddaughter who was born late last spring.
She lives very far from us with our oldest/DIL.
We have all been to meet her.
I look for little things I can do to feel connected to her.
Sometimes this means sending something to them.
I wrote about an annual Christmas ornament here -
https://baby-steps-v.blogspot.com/2024/11/baby-gift-ideas-part-one.html
Sometimes it means keeping something here.
Today’s post is about a tiny little collection I just started. I will give this collection to granddaughter at some point in the future.
I design/order/mail family holiday cards each year.
These cards go to our friends and family. They also go to many of our kids long time friends and our DIL’s key family members.
I am saving one of our holiday cards for granddaughter each year, starting with 2024.
I ordered a small photo album to facilitate this process.
I had granddaughter’s birth announcement, I added it to the album. On the years oldest/DIL send a holiday card, I will add those too.
Our holiday cards, because they include all seven of us, plus pets, are a great little window into our history.
I think it will be a great keepsake. And a nice tiny size.
