Friday, January 31, 2025

The Gunkle by Steven Rowley

Note - I am very thankful youngest persuaded me to use Goodreads. I like having my books listed by date and searchable. I like having the stats. I read 13 books in January 2025.




Clearly this was a book group assignment. It is not a book I would have picked on my own. 

And that is part of the purpose of book groups, finding new authors, widening reading experience. 

Also, so great to read a book and then discuss it with other people for at least an hour. 


I tried to read The Guncle, but bailed after a couple hours. This rarely happens. Usually if it is an assigned book, I finish.

I still went to the group meeting. I shared that I did not like the book and did not finish it. It is important to give feedback. It helps the librarian in choosing future books.

Absolutely did not read the sequel, The Guncle Abroad, either.

But please note - the rest of my reading group liked this book. They thought it was funny. And several of them read The Guncle Abroad too, and liked it.