Finishing piecing the indigo and white quilt for my niece, I had a lot of the white print fabric remaining.
I also had a collection of blue fabric. This was not indigo, it was regular fabric.
I decided to make a second blue/white half square triangle quilt. My intention is to save this for my granddaughter who is currently 8 mos.
I cut the fabric at 8.5”, paired, sewed diagonally, trimmed blocks to 7.5” using a 7.5” rotary square with a diagonal line through the center.
When I had made as many blocks as I could with the Chambray Sunrise Side collection, I dug through my fabric and found other blues (below) that blended well. I also purchased 8 additional white background prints.
I used every bit of the Chambray Sunrise Side collection in making this blue and white half square triangle quilt.
There was one fabric that was tricky, it was the large floral on a white background.
I used this floral fabric as a “dark” by carefully surrounding it with strongly contrasting fabric. The whites around it make it read as a dark. Yes, several of those pieces are solid white fabric.
There is also light blue fabric with white dots, in this quilt, that I carefully surrounded with light fabric. It is visible in the last photo, below.








