This quilt is for middle. She chose the pattern and the fabric. The backing will be solid bleached muslin.
It is a scrap quilt, made with blending fabric of different colors. I purchased the bleached white muslin. The other fabric is mostly from my collection and a friend’s collection.
Many people have made this quilt and posted photos online. Googling “Lottie Quilt” and then choosing “images” will yield lots of photos.
This is one of the posted pix and is our inspiration -
We purchased the digital pattern -
I made myself color key cards (one for each block) and a placement sheet to keep track of the pieces.
I increased the size of the pieces. Mine are an even 4” unfinished, so I could use a 4” rotary square (above) to trim my sections. So I cut my fabric at 5”, paired and sewed diagonally, and then trimmed to 4”. (The instructions used 3.75”.)
Each quarter section of the block is a 9-patch -










