This year, 2025, I am donating two I Spy quilts, that I made several years ago, to my quilt guild’s collection for the cancer camp. This is one charity quilt donation from middle and one from me, we are both guild members.
These quilts are finished. I made them many years ago, they are clean and have been kept dust free in plastic bags in the large cupboard in my sewing room.
I originally made three I Spy quilts thinking I would need them for grandkids. Now, not so much. The style and color are not what I want to give granddaughter. So I am very happily using them as charity quilts.
Again, my good with color quilting friend encouraged me to give the minimum number of quilts per year. And I agree with that. So even though I have three, I am only donating two this year.
I will donate the two eye spy charity quilts at the April meeting, taking them for show and tell, and then handing them in to the charity quilt chairperson.
The fronts are nearly identical. The backs are flannel and different prints -
This solves all kinds of problems.
It completes the May 2025 charity quilt deadline easily, the quilts are already finished.
These quilts were painful for me. I did not know what to do with them. Making them for grandkids, too far in advance, did not work. What looked good to me years ago, no longer looks good now.
This is a great use of these quilts. They are colorful and detailed. They are quality quilts. Somebody will love them.


