FYI - I read 13 books in January, 15 books in February. Goodreads is very helpful in helping me track information.
Highway 59 series by Attica Locke
Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke was a current book group assignment for me.
This was my last assigned book for February, another Black History book. I appreciate focusing on all the black authors for February. I found some I really liked. The assigned books expanded my horizons.
I appreciated the straight forward writing style of the author, Attica Locke, immediately. I liked the stories and the characters.
When I finished Bluebird, Bluebird, I jumped right into Heaven, My Home. And then I finished the third in the series, Guide Me Home. All three books have the same main character.
I did not plan to read all three Highway 59 books, I didn’t really have time to read all three right now, but when I liked the first book, and was in the groove of the Highway 59 world and all the characters, it made sense to read all three books in quick succession.
This exact thing happened with the Thursday Murder Club series. When I finished the first book of that series, with all the characters straight in my head, it was a now or never moment and I read the whole series.
I listened to two of the Highway 59 books on Libby, and one on Audible, because of a long wait list on Libby. I increased the speed slightly 1.15x, for all three books, and the slightly increased pace was a good fit for me. It also helped finish the books quickly.
My reading list for March is quite full. I cannot read the rest of Attica Locke’s other books right now. I have added her other three books to my reading list.
Everyone in my book group finished Bluebird, Bluebird, but no one else liked it. None of them are going on to read the series, so they had me tell them all about the second and third books.
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/attica-locke/
In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/
This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers.





