Sunday, March 30, 2025

Factory Girls by Michelle Gallen

Factory Girls by Michelle Gallen was an assigned book for me. 

I listened to it on Libby. The reader had a strong Irish accent. This book takes place in Northern Ireland. It took a bit to get used to the accent. I loved the vocabulary, the swearing, the dialogue in general. 

When I started, I had to stop to find a TV series. I was remembering Derry Girls from Netflix, also Northern Ireland, which I quite liked. These are two separate pieces, to my knowledge, not related. 




The long and the short of it is, I was mostly ambivalent about Factory Girls. I finished it. I understood it. I could keep track of the characters. The writing was good. But the story itself did not engage me until the very end. 




I think this author has two published books -


In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. 

In this case, author Michelle Gallen was not included on the website. 

Factory Girls was also not listed on my SuperSummary website.