Wednesday, March 26, 2025

2027 and 2028 charity quilts

I discovered a collection of orange-ish reproduction fabric in my studio, a lot of orange fabric, mostly in small pieces. The photo below is just part of it.



This orange-ish fabric was purchased at the fabric garage sale I attended a couple years ago. A quilter had died, her husband sold her fabric stash in a series of garage sales. 

I had bought gold and orange fabric sort of together, not seeing how orange some of it was. I used the gold in the two Lottie quilts (3 and 4). That left the orange.


No one needs a pumpkin quilt in my family. I made identical pumpkin quilts a couple years ago. Oldest has the original. I made exact copies for both girls.

I debated what to do with all the orange-ish fabric. I absolutely did not want to make an orange quilt for anyone in my family.

As I was actively pondering the orange fabric, I found a photo that inspired me to plan an orange charity quilt for two years from now, 2027.





There is no danger in working ahead on charity quilts. I will not decide they are the wrong color or style. They will be fine.

With this inspiration photo (above) in hand, I looked for theme fabric to go with orange fabric at my local JoAnns.

I was open to fox fabric, but found none at JoAnns. I did find football fabric and butterfly fabric that blended well with the orange. 

I later found a fox fabric remanent at a quilt guild yard sale.

My original guess was I would get three charity quilt tops from the fabric pile. 

More orange-ish tomorrow.