Educated by Tara Westover was a book group assignment for me. The audio version was easily available on Libby.
Interestingly, the author did not read the audio version herself. I found that a little unusual, contemporary writers seem to read their own nonfiction pieces these days.
https://tarawestover.com/bio
I had never heard of Educated by Tara Westover. Most of my group was familiar and very excited to read/discuss this book.
Well written, engaging, unique story. Fair warning, there is abuse/violence/injury.
I devoured this book, listened to it straight thru, only pausing when necessary. I started very early in the morning and finished before I went to bed.
Many other people on my group expressed the same experience, they devoured this nonfiction book.
Everyone in my group really liked this crazy family story. Great discussion.
This is the only book by this author. A detailed biography and the story behind this book can be found here -
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/tara-westover/
The Westover family appears very fractured, a detailed article from 2023 is here -
https://www.deseret.com/indepth/2023/1/29/23575258/what-does-educated-tara-westover-family-think-about-reconciliation-book

