Wednesday, July 16, 2025

Dark Maestro by Brendan Slocumb

I put my name on the Libby waiting list for this book, Dark Maestro by Brendan Slocumb (2025), months ago. I was able to get on the list well in advance of publication. 

It is rare I read a book right as it is released. 

This is the third book by this author, I have read all three. 

My husband and youngest (I think) read the first book by this author, it was on her book group list. 

I loved the first one, rating it a 5. The second book was a 3 for me. This third book was a 4. 

What I love about these books is the strong African American family voice. I also like that the main characters are all black males who are professional musicians.

   

I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 









In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.