Wednesday, July 02, 2025

Quilt labels

A quilt label is sewn on the back of a quilt to identify the maker, year made and usually the location. Middle feels very strongly that my quilts need labels. I prefer machine embroidered labels.


In 2022 or 2023 I went on a quest to find someone to machine embroider quilt labels for me. I had a very hard time finding anyone. 

When I finally did, I had her do very short labels with just my first initial, last name and the year. That is 9 characters total, very simple. I had her make labels for 2023 and 2024

That shop is now gone. 

Since my long arm quilter stall appears to be over, I need labels for 2025. I have a lot of quilt tops in progress.

I went to my local quilt shop and explained my problem. Owner said her DIL would make labels for me. (The last time I was looking, it was too close to the holidays, everyone was backlogged.)

I texted with the DIL, dropped fabric, and a sample at the shop for her. 

So I should have 2025 labels shortly.

I have one label left from 2023 and lots left from 2024. I can cut the year off these labels and just put my name on the back of non-family quilts to use up the out-of-date labels.