Last year we rearranged the rectangle garden a bit to divide it into four sections.
I think my backdoor neighbor with the dogs originally suggested it.
Dividing this bed in four was a great idea for several reasons.
This provided a pathway for easy access to the center of this large flower bed.
It also reduced the volume of planting space.
And most importantly, it makes this bed feel much less daunting to maintain. We look at it 1/4 at a time.
About an month ago, we weeded two of the quarter sections. It had rained the day before, that made everything easier. We started with the goal of one section. It proved fairly easy, the second one was quicker than we thought.
A couple weeks later we weeded and rearranged another 1/4 of this bed. We condensed the great blue lobelia and added three phlox.
There is only one 1/4 of this bed left and it is the easiest, I pull weeds as I see them.
We did the harder ones first. That proved to be smart.




