Friday, July 11, 2025

The Wayward Bus (1947) by John Steinbeck

I am making purposely slow, but steady, progress on my Summer of 2025 John Steinbeck project. I simply fit these books in around my assigned books. 

I am not trying to read them in publication order. I am simply reading them as they become available on Libby waiting lists. Or I read them based on their length and my available time.


The Wayward Bus (1947) by John Steinbeck became available at the end of last week. I listened to it over the holiday weekend. 

It had no real linear plot until the very end. It was a series of little stories about people living along a backroads bus route and riding the bus in California. It was very much Steinbeck’s style. 

I enjoyed it, my husband would likely enjoy it. The era is very distinct. Steinbeck has his own style. (But it is probably not for everyone.)







I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 

















In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.