Saturday, September 13, 2025

The Pecan Man and The Truth About Grace by Cassie Dandridge Selleck

 The Pecan Man by Cassie Dandridge Selleck was a recommendation by my good with color quilting friend. 

Her description - The Pecan Man - very good - like To Kill a Mockingbird.


The Internet goes further - 


When I *looked up The Pecan Man by Cassie Dandridge Selleckup, there is a sequel, The Truth About Grace. I sent my friend a text, so she now knows there is a second book. 

*I look up the works of every author I read, it pays off hugely. I recommend two habits - keep a list of everything you read - look up the complete works of the author before you read their book. 


I listened to The Pecan Man and The Truth About Grace, both by Cassie Dandridge Selleck, on Libby. 

These were very quick reads normally at 6 and 7 hours each. For this pair, I could increase my pace to 1.25 which brought the times down to 4.8 and 5.6 hours each with no chipmunks. 

Fine tuning the speed makes a real difference in my audio reading comfort. Too slow of a reading pace really drags down a book for me. I increase the speed to what sounds normal.  Youngest and my husband increase even more, so it does not sound normal, I can’t stand that. 

I liked The Pecan Man and The Truth About Grace, both by Cassie Dandridge Selleck, very much. 

And yes, The Pecan Man IS To Kill A Mocking Bird meets The Help. 

The Truth About Grace is even better. 



I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 











Normally, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

However, in this case, Cassie Dandridge Selleck was not listed. 

This is what I found on the Internet -