Tuesday, November 18, 2025

#5 The Impossible Fortune by Richard Osman

I was on the Libby waiting list for the latest Thursday Murder Club Mystery #5 The Impossible Fortune by Richard Osman (2025) with Fiona Shaw (Narrator) for just a bit. 

I was in the middle of the Liane Moriarty’s 9 books when it became available. I delayed my place in line until I was ready. As soon as I took it off “suspend”, it became available to me in less than 24 hours.  

The best way to read these Thursday Murder Club Mystery books, in my opinion, is one right after the other. That is the way I read the first four in December of 2024, one right after the other. It took the first book for me to place all the characters. I just kept going while the characters were firm in my mind. There are a lot of characters.

Reading #5 a year later, it took me much longer to be interested in the plot, and I just wasn’t as attached to the characters. I eventually remembered everybody, it just didn’t draw me in the way the first four books did. So, I don’t know if this book was slightly less engaging than the first four or if it was just because I read it solo, a year later. I did not read any reviews, I am not sure if everyone else thought this book was just as good as the rest.

I borrowed this book on Libby and was able to use a pace of 1.25. That helped. 



I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 











In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.