Notes - I am reading Liane Moriart‘s (ten) books in order. I am not reading her kids series.
There are three authors listed at the bottom of this post, Liane Moriart and two of her sisters, who are also published authors.
Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty (2018) was good. I enjoyed it. Very unique plot line for me. But when I had to pick a number, 1-5 scale, it was a 3.5 for me. I think it dragged a bit too much at the climax of the plot. And again, just too long. This book was 16 hours, at a 1.2 pace, I reduced it to 13.5. That helped.
Yes, nine main characters, but they were unique enough that it was easy to keep track. I like how the end of the book wrapped up the characters.
Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty was made into a TV series, with two seasons. I have not seen either season. I think it likely made a better TV series, than book, but I did not read the reviews.
In general, I would rather read the book than see the TV series, most of the time. I rarely do both. I make a decision.
In this case, there was no decision. At the time I decided to skip the series, I didn’t know there was a book. And the name Liane Moriarty meant nothing to me. I had no intention of reading her books, because I knew nothing about her/them. I did not watch the series simply because I avoid Nicole Kidman.
I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized.
StoryGraph -
Note - The Nicola Berry series is for children.
Jaclyn Moriarty is Liane Moriarty’s sister -
Nicola Moriarty is Liane Moriarty’s sister -









