In 2022, I ordered this bundle, below, from kallistiquilts on Etsy. I think I used all of it in the first neutral quilt.
In early 2025, I recontacted the shop and asked for white/off white/light colored Japanese Fabric. There wasn’t any listed on her Etsy site.
I needed to be able to cut 8.5” squares. And I wanted to prewash it.
She very kindly went through the leftover ends from her past inventory looking for 9”-10” pieces that were light. It was on her attic. She did a big search for me. She mailed me a box. The photo below shows some of the fabric she sent.
I needed more fabric. I hunted for American homespun that blended with the Japanese fabric. I found two great pieces at a regional outlet store. I found three more pieces at another warehouse store.
At my my bee group, I serged the raw edges of all that Japanese fabric. It took me most of the day. I used a lint roller to tidy me, the chair, and the floor.
I took all that serged Japanese fabric home, washed/dried it, ironed it, and then cut into 8.5” squares.
I saved all the extra ends for my good with color friend. She loves Japanese fabric for needle work. This was her pile -
More tomorrow.


