Monday, November 10, 2025

The second neutral quilt, also known as the Japanese quilt

I made the first neutral quilt in 2022 for DIL. It is king size. 


It always amazes me how colorful that neutral quilt looks in a photo. 

Yes, I think the walls of that room might be purple. Oldest/DIL have been slowly repainting their house. The previous owners had every room painted in what might be labeled “Easter egg” colors.  They have not yet gotten to the upstairs. 

Most of the first neutral quilt (above) is regular quilter’s cotton fabric. But there is Japanese fabric as well.  

Middle wanted a neutral quilt of her own, but she wanted all Japanese fabric. And she had lighter and more neutral in mind. 

It took me months to collect the fabric. It is extremely hard to find white/off white/light Japanese fabric.

I went back to the Etsy shop where I had ordered the first set of Japanese fabric in 2022. 



More Tomorrow.