Wednesday, November 12, 2025

Sewing the Japanese fabric into half triangle squares

The next month, I took the Japanese fabric back to the same bee group, middle went with me. We took a sewing machine and a serger. 




She paired the fabric and drew lines corner to corner on the lighter of each pair. 

I sewed, a generous 1/4”, on either side of the lines. 

She serged, letting the serger cut on the drawn line, to create one half square triangle block. 

Then she serged the other half to form the second block. 

I pressed all the blocks open.




We completed 3/4 of the blocks that day. 

Over the course of the following two weeks, I completed the remaining blocks. 

And then, using a 7.5” rotary square, I trimmed all the blocks, that took a week. I have to be careful of my thumbs. 

She laid the quilt blocks out on the kitchen table + two folding tables.