Sunday, November 09, 2025

Shoe update

 Note - I can no longer contort in such a way that I can get to my feet. I have a doctor who cuts my toe nails. If something does not feel quite right, middle has to look carefully. 


My toe nail doctor told me I needed to switch my athletic shoes to a larger size and a different style. I did that, March 2025. 

Middle went with me to the shoe store. I bought 3 different styles to try. 


The Fuelcell black NB pair has now been relegated to the emergency bin in the back of my SUV. I find it very helpful to always have a pair of shoes and socks with me. If I get somewhere in sandals (or slippers) and need a closed pair of shoes, I am all set. 

I wear the blue ones on occasion. Particularly if I am going to be doing a lot of sitting. 

The white NB pair is the clear winner. I bought a second pair, black. 




These are very stable shoes with a wide base. They fit very well. The toe box is excellent for me. There is a good amount of room for my toes. 


Which leads me to the fact that the next to largest toe, on my left foot, had pain issues a number of weeks ago. Middle looked, there was a blister near the top. 

By this point I switched to mostly wearing my white pair and buying the identical shoe in black. 

Luckily, I did not realize that in addition to the  blistering, my nail was badly impacted. 

Luckily I had no idea that the nail had been damaged to the point that it was coming off and a new one was growing underneath. 

Last weekend I realized something was wrong. Middle looked, it was almost all the way disconnected, she eased it off. It did not hurt at all.

Had I known what was happening, all those weeks, it would have given me the utter creeps.