Funny Story by Emily Henry was an assigned book.
When I started reading, I was confident I recognized the author’s style. Sure enough, when I looked, I had read an earlier book (Happy Place) by this same author.
Funny Story by Emily Henry was well paced, well written, great characters, good light hearted story. The audio reader was perfect. I got into the swing of this type of book. I enjoyed it. I plan to read the rest of Emily Henry’s books (bottom of this post).
The other members of my book group liked this book too. One other person had read a previous book by this author. For a fairly light read, there was still lots of discussion. We agreed that this is a good author to read in between dark or difficult books.
I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized.
Here’s what people on StoryGraph had to say -
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/emily-henry/
In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/
This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.


