Monday, May 26, 2025

The Indifferent Stars Above: The Harrowing Saga of the Donner Party by Daniel James Brown

 The Indifferent Stars Above: The Harrowing Saga of the Donner Party by Daniel James Brown. 

Nonfiction, my third read of Daniel James Brown’s inventory. I knew exactly what was going to happen (Donner Party), but had never read more than a general paragraph or two on history text books. 

This was an excellent, detailed story, well researched and extremely well written. 

The narrator, Michael Prichard, was perfect. 




I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 







In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.