Wednesday, May 21, 2025

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig is another title from Youngest’s group’s past read/discussed books. I am working my way steadily through that list. 

StoryGraph describes The Midnight Library by Matt Haig as science fiction. I wonder if it might actually be magical realism. 

I found this AI description which I think is very accurate - "The Midnight Library" is a contemporary fantasy novel that blends elements of science fiction, philosophical fiction, and a touch of realism. 

I really liked this book, even though a whole bunch of those (above) genres are normally not my thing. 

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig is well written, unique, and a great read, in my opinion.

There would be much to discuss in a group setting.






I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 












In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.