Everything I Learned, I Learned in a Chinese Restaurant by Curtis Chin (2023) is a recent book group assignment. This is the group middle and I attend together.
This nonfiction audio book is read by the author, who did a good job writing and reading.
I enjoyed the book. Middle liked it too.
This memoir is based in Detroit, Michigan. I am in Indiana and have been to Detroit several times. I also watched Rehab Addict with Nicole Curtis. So I could identify, a tiny bit, with the Detroit location.
Middle’s best friend, from college, has a husband who grew up in Chinatown in Chicago. His parents owned a prominent business in their community. While far removed from me, that felt a tiny bit relatable as I read.
I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized.
StoryGraph -
In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/
This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.

