Monday, August 18, 2025

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck (1935) is very much in the same vein as The Cannery Row duo. 

Like the rest of the Steinbeck audio pieces, I was able to increase to 1.20 which brought the very slow pace up to normal. This helps immensely. 

I enjoyed the characters and the stories. 


I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 






Note - I am skipping The Gift. I marked off a short story already included in one of the collections I read. Three more fiction novels to go!  I, still, do not plan to read his nonfiction.







In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.