Saturday, August 02, 2025

Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal

Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal (2015) is my third read by this author. To the best of my knowledge I have now read all of his books (3).

I read these books out of order. The middle book was assigned for one of my book groups. Then I read the latest. I read the original/first book last. 

All three books had strong female characters and a good female “voice”. These were written by a male author.

This book, Kitchens of the Great Midwest, had none of the confusion of the first two books. There were a lot of characters, but they were clear and wrapped up by the end. Thank heavens, the timeline was much more linear, so the book was not confusing.

I enjoyed it. I recommended it to my husband.


I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 




J. Ryan Stradal was not listed on my normal website https://www.bookseriesinorder.com

I think these are all his books -

Saturday Night at the Lakeside Supper Club, published by Viking / Pamela Dorman Books in April 2023

The Lager Queen of Minnesota, published by Viking / Pamela Dorman Books in July 2019.

Kitchens of the Great Midwest, published by Viking / Pamela Dorman Books in July 2015.