Wednesday, August 13, 2025

Re-reseeding.

 July 25, 2025

Our front lawn was very uneven, I was afraid of falling or twisting an ankle. 

A crew came in and leveled the front yard, it took a full truck load of dirt. 

This (below) is what the yard looked like at the end of that day, leveled, seeded and strawed. 


My husband watered while I was gone. 

The backyard did well. I posted photos 8/7/25. 

The front yard did not do as well. 

Very little grass came in, and the weeds multiplied hugely because of all the watering. 

Sorry no weed picture. 

I checked with the yard guy who had leveled and seeded. And he said NOT to spray the weeds in such close proximity to the new grass. 

I realize the error of my ways. We had done no lawn treatments, spring 2025, because we were not sure when the yard guys were coming. I should have made them give me a date. I should have found out how to get rid of every weed before we seeded/watered. 



8/10/25

On this day, my husband and I pulled masses of weeds, stretching from the sidewalk to the middle of the yard. I pulled by hand, he used a three pronged rake. It was quite the job. We got 95% of the weeds removed. 

He raked up the old straw, there wasn’t much, you can see the small piles on the driveway. All the old straw was reused.

He mowed around the edges. 

This was all prep work for re-reseeding. 

This photo is the front area stripped bare. 




8/10/25

This second photo, below, is the area deweeded, reseeded and restrawed. All the seeded areas are where the dirt was filled in to even out the low spots. There were a lot of them.




My husband also overseeded the backyard on 8/10/25. He scattered grass seed among the baby grass. He reseeded/strawed all the bare spots. 

I helped where I could, but stayed away from the grass seed and straw, this is the time of year when my respiratory system is the most vulnerable. 

My husband was out working in the yard the entire day. And then he watered. 

I am on watering duty this week. All the hoses and sprinklers are in place. I just have to turn things on and off. We water at least twice a day.