Wednesday, August 20, 2025

To a God Unknown by John Steinbeck

To a God Unknown by John Steinbeck (1933) is my next to last Steinbeck book. 

What a project! 

With To a God Unknown by John Steinbeck, the story is linear, that helps. There are clearly defined locations and characters, so it is easy to follow. 

Oh my goodness what a (crazy) story. The strong perspectives definitely apply to modern times. I read it with that viewpoint.


I was able to increase the speed to 1.35 which brought the very slow pace up to normal. This helped a lot. Normally I have only increased the Steinbeck novels to 1.2. I was able to do this one faster and it still sounded normal. No chipmunks.




I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 








Note - I am skipping The Gift. I marked off a short story already included in one of the collections I read. Zapata is not available on audio.  I, still, do not plan to read his nonfiction nor the rest of his short stories.

One more fiction novel to go! 







In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.