Friday, January 12, 2024

Boards and Spreads (on sale until 1/23/24)

I have NO magazine subscriptions and almost never buy a magazine.

My hair salon has a good selection, I read a few articles while I am there, every seven weeks.

I am rarely in a grocery these days, I use curbside. So I do not see magazine displays. 

However this week, I put in a special order at Kroger, specifically to get packages of pre cut parchment paper. 



I use parchment paper nearly every day, mostly to roast vegetables, in the same jelly roll pan, so I do not have to wash it. Tearing off a roll is really hard on my hands. 

The Kroger closest to my house, where I order, alerted me they were out of stock. 

So I stopped at a different Kroger, after yoga on Monday morning, and went inside. 

I was in luck, I stocked up with four boxes. 

I passed this in the display rack at check out -



I flipped through and it was absolutely lovely. 

Since I never buy them, $14.99 seemed like a lot for a magazine, but $14.99 does not seem like a lot for a cookbook. 

I bought it. 

At home, I skimmed it, greatly appreciating the photography. Great idea lists for various types of boards. I could add items to a curbside order easily for a holiday/weekend board.

It is now in the drawer with my recipe cards, recipe binders and cookbooks. 

I am keeping it on top my stack of binders, so I remember I have it. 


The above magazine, which I plan to use as a how-to-cookbook, has great examples with lots of ideas. 




If you are looking for free examples, I admire Tracy Benjamin’s boards very much -https://www.shutterbean.com/2023/my-everyday-life-week-47-12/

She has a detailed how-to post, here -https://www.shutterbean.com/2017/how-to-make-an-epic-cheeseboard-with-trader-joes-items/

If you like to look at Tracy’s photos, you may have noticed she looks different. The story is here - https://www.shutterbean.com/2023/shutterbean-weight-loss/