Thursday, January 25, 2024

My island

We get Green Chef delivered once a week. This is four bags of ingredients that I cook. We have the vegetarian plan. 

I cook two large packages of chicken breasts in the crock pot every few weeks. My husband shreds it, packages it in pint bags, and freezes it. 

We add one bag of shredded/cooked chicken to each Green Chef meal.





The kitchen island (above) is my cooking base. 

My cutting board stays on the island. It is used for fruit and veggies only. 

I have a recipe holder on the island that I use every time I cook a Green Chef meal. I use it for my own recipes too.


The other items on my island, wooden lazy Susan and three glass pieces, are beloved and serve a purpose. All four items feel like art to me. But they had to find their place and practical value in order to stay.

They all came close to being decluttered/rehomed because it was extremely hard to find a spot for them where they earned their place every day. The wooden lazy Susan in particular was tough. It is very large.


Here, as a place to store supplies and a way to raise my recipes to eye level, the lazy Susan is vital. Now, I cannot imagine the island without it. 


The three glass pieces (below) are vintage. I happen to love them as a grouping. Together they are an artistic collection and also very practical.