And while this may not be a popular point, my opinion needs everything needs gone through at least once a year. Other areas need work a few times a year.
Now I know - Some areas need daily attention.
Sometimes the answer to keeping an area clean and clutter free is to get rid of everything.
The roll top desk in the kitchen is a good example. Here, our house, it was never used as a desk. It was an absolutely clutter magnet.
I have tried other things in that spot that have also been clutter magnets.
The spot could haven been left empty/bare, after the desk was rehomed, but instead we tried something else.
This loveseat is very comfortable. It was previously in our bedroom with a matching chair.
So far the loveseat is working well, here in the kitchen.
The chair remains in our bedroom, I can move it easily to vacuum. The bedroom looks less crowded. There was room for both the chair and the loveseat in our bedroom, but it looks better with just the chair.
Realtors suggest removing one piece of furniture from every room when you are selling your house. This is a good example of that being true. (We are not selling. We are not moving.)
I can vacuum under the loveseat, here on laminate/non-carpeting in the kitchen, easily with the hose attachment each week.
Because the loveseat is upholstered in light fabric. I cannot stand for anything at all to be set on it. People can sit on it. Stuff cannot.
If someone sets an object on it, alarm bells go off on my head. I am immediately saying - move it! So the loveseat is absolutely not a clutter magnet.


